-->

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

RobPat pt. 2

My wife came to me after reading my latest post and informed me that my thoughts on Bobby Pattinson came out of left field.  Since this is usually how I operate, you know, completely random, she suggest that my audience deserve the right to know why I brought up this seemingly random actor. 

Well I was watching Good Morning America and he happened to be a guest on the show, talking about his new movie, "Cosmopolis."  Not too long after I heard them talk about his personal life did I realize that I found myself inadvertently placing the bad actor stereotype on him.  But something jarred me out of the trance.  He completely refused to talk about his personal life.  I find this to be a very admirable quality in the popular folks.  It reminds us that they are just as human as we are.

Anyway, after I came to from my unfortunate dose of haterade, I began to reminisce about the things I know he has done.  In Britain, he has released a few albums, done a few indie films and has even done some charity work.  He really made some notice in America when he played Cedric Diggory in the fourth "Harry Potter" movie.  He then made his doomed work, "Twilight." 

If you look at "Remember Me" and "Water For Elephants," you can see that he is a very versatile actor, playing a broad spectrum of characters.  Yet, he is usually chasing a girl of some sort, but who isn't these days?  I think people will really see his potential once the sparkle goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment